Mark T. McGuire, DDS, FAGD, FAACP
Dentistry is an honored profession to be in because I am able to positively impact a patient's well-being through careful application of treatments. Working with my unique patients gives me fulfillment, as I value each and every person who visits us.
Education and Continuing Education
I attained my Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1982. I earned my DDS from Loyola University of Chicago in 1987. I volunteered to serve in the U.S. Army Dental Corps with the 87th Medical Detachment in Nuremberg, Germany from 1987 to 1990. I later attended a general practice residency at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
I participate in many hours of continuing education every year to keep current with optimal delivery of dental care for my patients as well as to satisfy my own personal intellectual curiosity. I am very interested in providing the safest non-toxic dentistry available for my patients for the enhancement of their general well-being. As my career in dentistry progresses, I realize how important dental issues are for overall health, and I enjoy focusing on the impact that dentistry has on the entire body.
As a part of my continuing education, I maintain active memberships in the following professional organizations:
- Academy of General Dentistry(AGD)
- American Dental Association(ADA)
- Wisconsin Dental Association(WDA)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Holistic Dental Association(HDA)
- International Association of Mercury Safe Dentists(IAMSD)
- Dental Amalgam Mercury Solutions(DAMS)
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain (AACP): studies in the fundamentals of temporomandibular (TMJ) disorders and sleep apnea
- International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics(ICCMO)
- American Academy of Gnathologic Orthopedics(AAGO)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine(AADSM)
- American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry (ACIMD), completing studies in naturopathic medicine as applied to dentistry.
- Completion of comprehensive Advanced Restorative Dentistry continuum in gnathology and occlusion through the F.A.C.E. Institute in Burlingame, California: 1998-2000.
I have earned Fellowship status with the Academy of General Dentistry and the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain.
In the Practice
In my upcoming 33rd year of practice, I see continued opportunities in my chosen field as science and technology advance. I find great satisfaction through helping others become free of pain and discomfort while restoring their smiles to their optimal beauty and function. My current area of interest lies in the evaluation and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea with dental appliances and craniofacial pain. I cannot think of a more rewarding profession!
I truly enjoy getting to know our patients and building connections with them. My patients are part of our community, and it is my job to make sure our practice is a welcoming place where patients can trust in our abilities.
My team is a group of various individuals with unique gifts. They are caring, courteous, and professional people who love to provide gentle care for our patients. Each member of my team takes the time to make each person feel completely at home here, and can often be heard sharing a laugh with our patients!
My wife Angela and I have three children: Michael(22) and twin daughters, Dionysia and Elisavet(19). Angela holds a B.S. in Dental Hygiene and Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) certification from Loyola University, graduating at the top of her class.
In my spare time, I enjoy playing the guitar, reading, travel, and spending quality time with my family. I am an active member of the Greek Orthodox Church in Racine, Wisconsin.